Buying MacBook from India V/S USA - Costly Or Similar???

So this blog is about how to buy the new MacBook M1 Air/Pro from India at a similar price to US.


    The pricing ratio for MacBook M1 Air and MacBook M1 Pro (256GB Storage and 8GB RAM) between India and USA is not very much indifferent. However, I grabbed mine from India as it always works in favor to buy things especially electronics from your own Country as provided services get easily available.

  

  In India, the normal pricing (excluding the GST) for MacBook Air is explicitly amounted to be 78728.00 INR, and that in Georgia USA it is  999.0 USD (73486.50 INR excluding taxes). Whereas for MacBook Pro it oughts to be 104152.00 INR and 1299.00 USD(95554.50 INR excluding taxes), respectively.

 

   Moreover, students are granted a special Education pricing discount. That is about a 10% additional discount.


    I got lucky with my HDFC Card as 6000 INR Cashback was offered here in India with HDFC Cards for both normal as well as Education pricing. Also, GST is 100% claimable for normal pricing but 0% claimable for education pricing. So, having all of my benefits i.e, 6000 INR HDFC Cashback and 100% claimable GST, I grabbed my MacBook Air for 72828.00 INR.
    

    I'm also going to claim Income Tax depreciation with my firm, giving me tax benefits of the asset created for the next few years.


     The following table gets you crystal clear with the prices, including taxes and also the educational pricing in both the countries.





Hope the information could be of your help. Cheers ✌🏻


Blog Credits: @_unusedbrain

Comments

Popular Posts

Word Miles